Oily scalp is a common problem and is faced by most of us. Oily skin is easy to deal with on-the-go; simply blot with some blotting paper, dab on some powder and voila! Shine free matte look! But what about oily hair? Worry not, a simply ingredient- cornstarch can help you keep your hair dry and smooth and banish the oiliness! Below is how you could use cornstarch for oily hair along with its benefits:
- Cornstarch soaks in all the excess oil and leaves behind a negligible soft film that makes hair dry and silky.
- It effectively soaks up excess sebum, yet keeping your scalp and hair moisturized.
- Cornstarch makes a great scalp exfoliator which also stimulates blood circulation.
- Leaves behind no visible residue or cause product buildup.
- Use it as a mask or dry shampoo, it works amazing all ways.
WAYS TO USE CORNSTARCH FOR OILY HAIR:
Dry shampoo: Cornstarch can be used as a natural dry shampoo. Simply use makeup brush to apply the cornstarch to your hair- dip the brush into it, tap off the excess and use it on the roots of your hair. To add a pleasant scent to your hair, add 2-4 drops of lavender oil to it. More: Natural dry shampoos >>
Scalp scrub: In a bowl, take few tablespoons of cornstarch, little baking soda and diluted lemon juice. Make a paste and use it to scrub your scalp thoroughly before shampooing.
Hair mask: In a bowl, take 5-6 tablespoons of freshly acquired aloe vera gel. To it, add 2 tablespoons of cornstarch and mix really well. Apply all over the scalp liberally and let it sit for god 3 hours. Shampoo it off and you are done! Use this mask once a week.