Struggling with an oily scalp is a common problem and is faced by most of us. Oily scalp is due to excessive production of oil over scalp by the sebaceous glands. We love our tresses and want them to be healthy and look good at any cost. The oiliness of the hair makes it appear as stringy and dirty even though you wash your hair regularly. Hair can often look weighed down when it gets oily. Baking soda is one such ingredient than can wash away all the excess oil from scalp without stripping off the scalp! Below is how you can use baking soda for oily scalp along with its benefits:
- Baking soda removes hair buildup.
- It removes all the dead skin cells and dry skin flakes thus unclogging the pores and stimulating hair growth.
- Baking soda effectively soaks up excess sebum, yet keeping your scalp and hair moisturized.
- Baking soda makes a great scalp exfoliator which also stimulates blood circulation.
- Add a tablespoon of baking soda in 1 mug of warm water.
- Stir it well until all the baking soda dissolves.
- Pour this mixture on your wet hair (pre-shampooing if you are using a shampoo, though you can skip shampoo) and massage until it feels slippery.
- Wash off thoroughly and shampoo/rinse with diluted vinegar.