Dark knuckles tend to lower our level of confidence. After all, who wants to sport those sinister patches on hands and feet? However, the good news is that dark knuckles can easily be treated at home by opting for a regular skincare regimen.
This article will definitely be of help to you. However, before we jump into the home remedies, let us first know the probable causes that contribute to the darkness of knuckles.
Dark Skin -causes
- Dryness- Skin tends to become dry when your hands and feet are exposed to harsh chemicals or too much washing. This often leads to darkening of knuckles.
- Skin diseases- Certain skin diseases like psoriasis and eczema tend to make your knuckles dark.
- Lack of proper care- Our hands and feet are often neglected by us. We fail to care for them the way they deserve.
So, the first step to removing dark knuckles is to ensure that you keep these causes at bay!
Treat dark Skin at home- basic guidelines: If you want to get rid of your dark finger joints quickly and wish them not to return to you anymore, here are a few basic guidelines which you should follow-
- Be caring– Be gentle to your hands and feet. Avoid washing them with extremely hot water and refrain from rubbing them too hard. Go for manicures and pedicures. Also care for your knuckles by using soft loofahs and pumice stones on a regular basis to clean them.
- Moisturize- Do not forget to keep those problem areas moisturized. Lay your hands on a good quality exfoliating cream which will not only hydrate your skin, but will also exfoliate it. Most importantly, always use a hand cream and foot cream before you go to bed. Alternately, try adding a few drops of glycerin, olive oil or jojoba oil to your regular cream and apply it on your knuckles. This helps to keep your skin soft and at the same time, reduces chances of drying out too early.
- Sun protection- Use a sun-block cream before you step out in the sun. This offers protection and prevents further darkening.
Treatments and home remedies: Here are some of the easiest and effective home-remedies that you would love to try out for your dark knuckles-
- Exfoliation with lemon juice– Mix a spoon of lemon juice with sugar and rub your hands vigorously for about ten minutes. Do this every night before going to bed. The bleaching properties of lemon juice, together with the exfoliating properties of sugar would work wonders. Follow up with a hand cream.
- The almond-curd treatment– Mix crushed almonds with curd and apply the paste on your knuckles. Rub for 10 minutes. This practice, done everyday, helps to reduce darkness and makes skin fairer.
- Moisturize with milk cream– Mix the content of a vitamin E capsule with some milk cream. Apply on your dry knuckles and wait for sometime. Then, rub it for about 5 minutes and wash off. It softens dry skin. You may add a pinch of turmeric to benefit from the antiseptic and skin-lightening properties of turmeric.
- Lemon and honey pack– Use equal quantities of lemon juice and honey to make a soothing and moisturizing pack. Apply it regularly to get rid of dark knuckles.
Be regular in your skin care regimen. Bleaching your skin may take care of dark knuckles temporarily and most easily; but remember, you may not like to use so many chemicals to camouflage this dark flaw. Go the natural way and try out home remedies to treat dark knuckles efficiently and completely.