Ingrown hair can not only be really annoying but also painful and make your skin feel bumpy instead of a smooth finish. So here are the best remedies to treat and prevent ingrown hair at home.
Treat ingrown hair:
1. Clean and exfoliate the skin often, mix fine sugar with body wash or ground oatmeal with honey to clean as well as exfoliate the skin naturally.
2. If the ingrown hair has caused redness and is painful then use ice water or cubes to calm the skin.
3. Use vinegar with equal amount of water, soak a cotton ball in it and use it on the affected area.
4. Apply cold aloe vera gel over the affected area to sooth the skin and get rid of any redness or bumps.
5. Crush 2 uncoated aspirin tablet and mix it with honey to make a paste. Apply it on the affected area for few mins and rinse off. ( Do not use if you have a sensitive skin)
Prevent ingrown hair:
1. Prevent ingrown hair by exfoliating your skin once a week. Mix fine sugar with olive oil or body wash for an excellent homemade scrub to exfoliate the skin before and after you shave.
2. Shave while in shower, the steam and water will soften the hair and skin making it easy to shave.
3. Use a good shaving gel or cream while you shave or just DIY all natural shaving gel using aloe vera.
4. Pat your skin dry and use a moisturizing lotion or olive oil immediately after your shave or wax to moisturize and soften the skin.