It looks as if your body was waiting for the first shower to hit the earth or just the chill wind to set in. And there you go down with sneezing, body aches and pain, sore throat and all other symptoms of flu! Flu is not scary but is definitely irritating. It just brings all your work to an abrupt halt. There are countless over the counter drugs that could come to your rescue, but instead of popping them down try some natural solutions from your kitchen along with these bath salt recipe mentioned below for better relief.
- Epsom Salt Tea Tree Oil Bath
Epsom salt is known for its detoxifying nature while the aroma of tea tree oil will help you let go off your stress, physically and mentally. You can use any good quality essential oil to meet your needs, but do use them so that you can make your soak a little interesting. The dried ginger is anti-mucosal in nature and thus ensures that the congestion is alleviated.
- Epsom salt – 1 cup (detox, relieve pain)
- Baking/Cooking soda – ½ cup (detox)
- Ginger essential oil- 10 drops (relieve pain, anti-inflammatory)
- Tea tree oil – couple of drops (anti-microbial)
- Fill half of your bathtub with slightly hot water. You can keep the temperature level a little high than you can normally tolerate but ensure that it does not burn your skin.
- Sprinkle the ingredients mentioned above and stir with the hand to ensure that the salts and other things dissolve.
- Fill the rest of the bath tub.
- Soak yourself in the bath for 45 to 50 minutes. [25 minutes for purification and 25 minutes for mineral absorption].
- Step out and pat dry with a soft towel.
- Wait for half an hour at least before taking a hot shower.
Do this thrice a week to ease your flu.