T-shirts are comfortable, easy to wear and are likely one of the softest items of clothing you own. The fact that you use them frequently exposes them to frequent wear and tear and a lot of washing that can make them stiff. . If your t-shirts are starting to feel a little stiff or if you just want to make sure that they never end up feeling that way, there are several ways to take care of it. You might want to use fabric softeners but natural ingredients work better! One such ingredient is salt that is non-toxic, safe and easily available in every home. Below is how you could use salt to make your t-shirt vintage soft along with its benefits:
- Does not strip off fabric dye or bleach the clothes because salt isn’t harsh.
- Softens clothes without making them look old.
- Non-toxic and safe ingredient.
- Easily available in every home.
- Does the job properly and effect lasts forever.
- Also removes dirt and mild stains from clothes that won’t otherwise come off with regular washing.
- Does not fade or bleed t-shirt color.
- Makes your t-shirts smell fresh.
WAYS TO USE SALT TO MAKE YOUR T-SHIRT VINTAGE SOFT:
Soaking: Mix 1 cup of salt with 500 ml of hot water. Combine both the ingredients well in a large bucket. Make sure that the salt is all dissolved. Toss in your t-shirts after they are washed and let them soak in for 30 minutes. Squeeze out excess water gently and dry in shade only.
Homemade fabric softener: Mix hot water and hair conditioner together in medium bowl. Mix in salt and pour in container of choice. Use the same amount as you would a store bought softener and add to the regular softener spot in your washer or during the rinse cycle.