Detoxing your system is as important as nourishing it and that’s the secret to achieving healthy skin and hair. In today’s age, we have many places wherein we can get the detox services easily however for that we need to spend both time and money. So why do that when we have another option of doing it on our own and that too without much effort.
Yes, we can do detox treatment on our own, read on to know the details.
Water: To start with the key to flush out toxins from our body or to detox, we need to consume the best and simplest thing and that is water. We need to have at least 6 to 8 glasses of water every day and this will ensure the toxins are flushed out of the body and keep our skin nourished. With proper water intake, we will get clearer skin as well as thorough functioning organs. Apart from this, the respiratory, circulatory as well as digestive system will be more effective. Eight glass of water per day might seem an impossible task initially, but it is just a matter of time, once you start noticing the result in your skin you will enjoy the routine.
Green tea: Caffeine is generally not good for our body, but green tea has a lot more benefits to offer rather than caffeine to our body. Green tea gives many antioxidants that are required by our body in its most natural form. It also gives the caffeine boosts that we look for early in the morning, so your coffee can take a back seat.
Fasting: Simple fasting for a day or two, by consuming fresh juices and vegetables only will help your body to get a break and rejuvenate as well as recuperate it completely. As a routine, the digestive system is breaking down food, as well as potential toxins every day and the break will allow the system to bounce back with more energy and perform better.
Yoga: Embrace yoga to cleanse the body overall and endow glowing skin. Yoga helps to cleanse the toxins that have built over time. Yoga is beneficial for both the body as well as the mind.
Superfood: Eating right is very important to detox the body. If you feed the body with antioxidants and nutrients, it will fight off harmful toxins and improve the skin naturally. Eat food like salmon, avocado, olive oil, tuna, flax Seeds, almonds, walnuts and fruits like blueberries, apple, oranges, and raspberries. In vegetables, you must include spinach, carrots, tomatoes, eggplant, kale, sweet potatoes. These superfood help in throwing out the toxins from the body and will also fight against any harmful agent that maybe attached to our system.
Skin and Hair Detox treatments:
- Use natural fruits and vegetables for skin treatments. Papaya pulp can be used as a natural peel. Cucumber juice application, as well as consumption, will detoxify your skin.
- Try dry brushing for a healthy skin.
- A cleansing bath can be made by putting some Epsom salts along with a cup of unfiltered apple cider vinegar in warm water. It will draw out the toxins from the skin. Try these amazing detox bath recipes >>
- Clay masks are great to discard the toxins from your skin. Slather thick layer of mud pack for 15 minutes and wash off.
- Exfoliate your scalp to clear the way for healthier hair by using an exfoliating scalp treatment to remove dead skin cells.