Just like your skin gets sun burnt, your scalp too can get sun burnt and inflamed. We apply sunscreen all over the body but don’t really protect our hair and scalp. After a long day in the sun, a green tea can soothe the scalp and conditions the hair. Below is a recipe for after-sun scalp and hair mist that can soothe any sunburn and inflammation.
Green tea- Green tea helps to soothe inflammation and burning sensation on the scalp. It also nourishes hair and scalp and keeps it healthy.
Aloe vera gel- Aloe vera gel has great anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties.
Apple cider vinegar- Apple cider vinegar balances scalp pH and also is anti-inflammatory in action.
RECIPE FOR AFTER-SUN GREEN TEA SCALP AND HAIR MIST:
Things you need-
- 1 cup brewed and chilled green tea
- 2 tablespoons aloe vera gel/juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- In a jar, add green tea, ale vera gel/juice and apple cider vinegar.
- Stir and pur it in a spray bottle.
- Keep it chilled in the fridge at all times.
- Spray it on your scalp and hair after sun exposure.
- Can also be used as a last hair rinse.