Acne scars or scars caused by wounds not only look unsightly but also affect your confidence level. Scars are quite tough to get rid of and getting a laser treatment or chemical treatment cannot always be the option considering the risks involved and cost! If scars are bringing you down and shattering your confidence, there are simple home remedies using tea tree oil that can help lighten/fill up deep pits and mild scars:
- Tea tree oil is a natural antiseptic and is mostly found in cleansers as it has the ability to fight fungus, viruses and bacteria. This way it prevents acne and other skin problems that eventually lead to a scar.
- Tea tree oil is loaded with anti-oxidants and other nutrients that are beneficial for maintaining beautiful and healthy skin. More: Tea tree oil face toner to clear acne >>
- Tea tree oil also helps in the development of the new cell to restore some elasticity of the skin.
- It cleans and removes all the dirt, old and dead skin cells on the skin pores and regenerates the skin’s tissue for the growth of healthy new skin.
WAYS TO USE TEA TREE OIL FOR SCARS:
Spot treatment: In a bowl, take some coconut oil and add in few drops of tea tree oil. Mix it well and using a Q-tip apply the oil on acne scars or any scars on the body. Sleep with it and wash off in the morning.
Mask: In a bowl, take some yogurt and add in few drops of tea tree essential oil. Give it a good mix and apply wherever you have scars. Let it sit for 20 minutes and wash off.
Mist: In a bowl, add 1 teaspoon witch hazel, 1 cup water and few drops of tea tree oil. Pour it in a spray bottle and shake well. Spray on your skin and rub it in.
- If you have sensitive skin and are allergic to any essential oils or if you are pregnant, consult your doctor before using any essential oils on skin.
- Always patch test before use.