After waxing you are sure to get those itchy and uncomfortable bumps. These are really painful and embarrassing. Sometimes, the bumps are small and painless, and sometimes they are painfully nasty. Due to the high temperature and chemical agents present in the wax, our skin gets irritated and breaks out with rashes. If ignored for long, these bumps can be a cause of trouble.
Home remedies can certainly help reduce or prevent the nasty bumps. Here are the top remedies to reduce bumps after waxing and shaving:
If bleeding is a surrounded problem after removing out the wax from the skin, then take an ice cube and rub it over the affected area to get the instant relief. Even if you are not bleeding, it is always good to apply ice on the skin to calm the inflammation and redness.
The bumps are painful and infectious and this is the reason it is important that you apply something which will not harm the skin. When the bumps are not extremely painful and infectious you can try applying lemon juice on the same. This is rich in Vitamin C and this is the reason it can cure the bumps in the right way. The juice will help the bumps dry up faster. For this you need to apply the fresh lemon juice and not the artificial juice that comes in bottles.
ALOE VERA GEL
Aloe vera gel is anti-fungal and anti-bacterial. It not only calms down the skin redness but also heals it from within further preventing any infection of the follicles!
Here’s how to use this: All you need to do is scoop out the fresh gel from aloe vera leaf and apply it onto the inflamed skin. Massage it gently for sometime and let it sit for 5 minutes. Wash off with cold water. Make sure you use fresh gel and not the commercially available gel.
Witch hazel has cooling effects on skin and helps sanitize open pores which prevents bumps. It also reduces inflammation and redness. Witch hazel is soothing and anti-septic.
Here’s how to use this: Saturate a cotton ball with witch hazel and wipe your skin with it. Let it dry and do not wash off. Do this for several days after waxing (after bath and before bedtime of you are prone to severe bumps)
ADDITIONAL TIPS TO PREVENT RED BUMPS:
- Use a hydrating product, such as baby oil, to help clean up residual wax, and also moisturize the skin.
- Exfoliate the area before you wax or shave.
- Some studies have revealed the fact that the person who use to panic during waxing is the person who can ideally develop the process of hair follicles contraction of the skin. So be calm and simple while you involved with waxing.
- After waxing or shaving always wipe your skin with tissue or use neat and clean cloth otherwise infection might spread from your open skin pores.
- Many beauty salons apply an after wax lotion to reduce the pain or discomfort. Make sure that lotion does not contain any mineral oil because they clog the skin pores and the result could be acne on your skin.
- Avoid waxing during menstruation or pregnancy because our skin becomes more sensitive to cuts and bruises.
- Apply grape seed oil or coconut oil after wax or shave as it helps to reduce pain and provides comfort.