Come winter and your skin starts turning dry. The problem worsens when nails and hair become brittle due to extreme dryness. You can now put your worries about the dryness issue at rest now. Why? Here are some simple, yet effective remedies for dry skin, hair, and nails that you can try at home.
- Coconut Oil: This is the best bet when it comes to healing your dry skin. Loaded with good fatty acids, it renders you plentiful of moisture. DIY coconut oil skin treatments for soft and radiant skin all winter season.
- Honey: The moisturizing and antioxidant nature of honey makes it an affluent solution for dry skin. It locks in the moisture, leaving your skin soft and supple. You can prepare a natural moisturizer by mixing honey with olive oil in equal proportions. Heat the mixture along with same amount of bees wax. Once warm, apply it on your skin and wash off with lukewarm water after 10 minutes.
- Almond Oil: A good source of vitamin E, it is a powerful lubricant and emollient. Plus, it is an antioxidant as well as a non-greasy solution to your dry skin issues. Warm the oil and apply it 30 minutes before you shower. You can also use this after your after-shower moisturizer. A handful of almonds in your daily diet will also nourish the skin from within.
The Best 3 DIY Remedies For Dry Hair
- Eggs: This is the best solution for conditioning and moisturizing your dry hair. Crack in two eggs in half cup of warm coconut oil. Blend the mixture well and apply it on your head. Leave for 60 to 90 minutes before washing it off with a mild shampoo. Do this continuously for 3 weeks to see noticeable difference.
- Coconut Oil: You can apply this daily onto your hair and scalp to condition and keep the hair hydrated. If you are looking for that extra dose of conditioning, then massage your scalp and hair with warm coconut oil and leave it overnight before washing away with a mild shampoo. DIY coconut oil hair cream >>
- Olive Oil: Extra virgin olive oil is the best home remedy for dry hair. Use it to moisturize your scalp and hair or you can mix it with equal amount of honey to create a hair pack for deep conditioning. Apply this to well combed hair, leave it for 15-30 minutes, and wash off for a soft hair.
The Must Try 3 Remedies For Dry, Brittle Nails
- Olive Oil And Lemon Juice Concoction: Mix ½ tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice with 1 tsp warm olive oil. Apply this on your nails, massage, and leave aside overnight. You will be able to see noticeable difference next morning.
- Vitamin E Oil: Give your nails a good dose of moisture with regular application of vitamin E oil. Along with moisturizing your nails, it will nourish, heal., and strengthen them. Apply the oil before sleeping, massage, and leave on. Repeat this for two weeks, daily, for visible changes.
- Butter: Butter does odd, but it is the best remedy for dry, brittle nails. Use melted butter for getting naturally healthy and shiny nails. Butter is a good source of healthy fats and you can apply a little melted butter every day during winter to shield your nails from turning dry.
What do you do to heal you dry skin, hair, and nails? Share your beauty secrets with us too…