Lassis are a great way to refresh yourself in the summers and also cool down your body. If the regular lassi is boring, try this variation using pomegranates and green tea. Pomegranate is my all-time favorite fruit. It’s delicious and has a lot of health benefits. Adding pomegranates and green tea gives a nice twist to the regular old lassi and instantly refreshes and cools you. Also, if you don’t like the taste of regular green tea, this is a great way to incorporate green tea in your diet. This can also be served as a dessert after a meal.
REFRESHING POMEGRANATE GREEN TEA LASSI
- Pomegranate – 2 small or 1 big
- Green tea – 2 tea bags or 2 teaspoons powder
- Curd / yogurt – 1/2 cup
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Sugar – 4 teaspoons
- Almonds – 4
- Ice cubes (optional)
- Deseed the pomegranates.
- Dip the green tea bags in a cup of boiling water. Allow it to cool down before proceeding. You can also prepare green tea using the powder.
- Leave few pomegranates aside and add the rest to the blender.
- Add green tea, curd and sugar to the blender and blend well till you get a nice frothy mixture.
- If it is very thick, you can add more water. If you feel it is too watery, add more curd and blend again.
- Taste and add more sugar if you prefer. Some prefer granules of sugar in lassi.
- Add the remaining pomegranates to the mix. This is for getting a crunchy effect and also looks beautiful while serving.
- Pour the mixture into a tall serving glass.
- Crush some almonds using a hand mortar and sprinkle on top as garnishing.
- Refrigerate and serve chilled or you can also add ice cubes while blending.
- You can add some cinnamon powder for extra taste, if you prefer.
- Use thick curd to get a better taste.
- The mixture should be frothy for the typical restaurant-style lassi taste.
- If you are looking for a healthy version, skip sugar as pomegranates have natural sweetness.