Eggs are great for your hair. They make your hair healthy, shiny and strong. In fact, using raw eggs for washing your hair is a wonderful way to ensure it is squeaky clean. But the smell of raw eggs can be extremely difficult to put up with, no matter how beneficial it can be for your tresses. There is certainly something ‘gross’ about the concept of using raw egg hair wash. So, how to use raw egg hair wash and yet be comfortable with it? Keep reading to know the tips and tricks:
BENEFITS OF USING RAW EGG HAIR WASH:
- Egg is a rich storehouse of proteins, fatty acids and vitamins that promote healthy hair naturally.
- Egg whites contain high protein content and traces of niacin, sodium, riboflavin, potassium and magnesium- all of which stimulate hair growth.
- Egg yolks, though less in protein, contains vitamins and folic acid that work wonders for growing your hair beautiful.
- Egg acts as natural conditioner, which is why, you need not use any hair conditioner after using raw egg hair wash.
- Eggs work like surfactant that pulls out dirt and cleans your hair shafts. It is a natural alternative to your chemical-based shampoo.
HOW TO USE RAW EGG FOR HAIR WASH
- Whisk an egg in a bowl.
- Rinse hair with water and slop the egg on your hair, just like shampoo.
- Massage it on the hair roots through the entire length of hair and then massage on hair ends.
- Leave the egg on hair for 5 minutes.
- Wash off thoroughly with cold water.
ADD ONS TO YOUR RAW EGG HAIR WASH (OPTIONAL)
Whether it is to do away with the egg-y smell or in order to increase the effectiveness, you may add one or more of the following ingredients to your raw egg shampoo:
- A tsp honey or/and aloe vera juice for moisturizing the hair strands
- 4-5 drops of peppermint essential oil to reduce the smell of raw eggs
- 2 tsp lime juice or/and ACV to add luster to hair and remove build up
- 1 tsp olive oil to treat dry hair
If you are using add-ons, the procedure remains the same. You just add the ingredients of your choice while whisking the egg and then apply the mixture on your hair, all together.
- Always use cold water to wash raw egg shampoo off your hair.
- Use hair rinse made of lemon juice to remove the smell.
- Dab essential oils (diluted in water) like lemon grass oil, lemon oil or rose oil to help you with the smell that tends to linger after after washing it with water.