Nobody likes bad breath, whether we have it or we come across someone with it. Either ways it is a turn off. There are several reasons that cause bad breath, we need to understand the reasons and work on it.
Okay so first let us know the reasons that cause bad breath. Bad breath is primarily caused due to the following reasons:
- Presence of food particles and dead cells in the mouth- This will assemble the bacteria and they will survive in the environment which lacks oxygen.
- Digestive disorders like acid reflux
- Postnasal drip
- Respiratory tract infection
- Wisdom tooth related infection
- Chronic bronchitis
- Uncontrolled diabetes
- Liver or kidney issues
Home remedies for bad breath are as follows:
- Oil pulling: Oil pulling is an old Ayurveda treatment and is quite common in India. As per Ayurveda, it helps in reducing the symptoms and many diseases just by detoxifying the mouth by “pulling” many harmful germs as well as bacteria out of the gums and in between the mouth. This swishing of oil helps in activating the enzymes in the mouth which helps in the process of getting rid of the toxins.
In general, sesame oil is used for oil pulling however these days coconut oil is also used. As per studies, oil has anti-pathogenic properties which curb not only bacteria but other microbes like yeast and viruses too. Read more on the amazing benefits and method of oil pulling for clear skin.
- Cinnamon and honey rinse: To make this rinse, you need one teaspoon of honey and cinnamon each. Mix this in warm water and gargle this mixture daily morning. This helps in eliminating the bad breath for the rest of the day.
- Cucumber: Take a chilled cucumber and then cut it into thin slices and keep it on the wisdom tooth or the tooth that is causing some kind of infection. Cucumber juice will give great relief, and the coldness will help in reducing the level of pain.
- Yogurt: Having yogurt helps in expelling bad breath in a big way, it can destroy unhealthy bacteria in the mouth.
- Fennel seeds: Just chew some fennel seeds, it has a sweet flavour which helps in digestion and expels bad breath.
- Mint: Chew mint based candies or even fresh mint leaves. It helps in fighting bad breath as it contains essential oil which will fight out the odour causing bacteria.
- Hydrogen peroxide: This remedy with hydrogen peroxide helps us to eliminate bad breath by killing the bacteria.
- Parsley: Parsley has chlorophyll which will help in controlling bad breath. Dip around a handful of parsley leaves in vinegar and then chew them for a minute or more. Alternate solution is, grind fresh parsley and drink its juice anytime you want to refresh your breath.
- Lemon juice: Take 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and rinse your mouth regularly. The acidic content that the lime has helps in preventing bacterial growth on the gums and tongue.
- Cloves: Cloves contain antiseptic properties that aid in eliminating bad breath. You need to simply take few pieces of cloves and chew them regularly.