Paneer is something which is loved by all of us. There are lots of recipes which are made by using paneer. And for vegetarians, paneer is the best food. I am a vegetarian but I was so bored with the old paneer recipes, so I thought to make something new. And I made paneer makhni which can be served as main course.
- Cottage cheese 150 Gms
- Fresh tomato puree 2 cups
- Green chilies (chopped) 2
- Ginger chopped 1 inch piece
- Garlic crushed 5-6 pieces
- Fresh coriander leaves chopped
- Garam masala 1 teaspoon
- Red chili powder 1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Cloves 4-5
- Green cardamoms 3-4
- Cinnamon 1 inch stick
- Dried fenugreek seeds ½ teaspoon
- Honey 1 ½ tablespoon
- Oil 4 tablespoon
- Cut the cottage cheese into thick cubes and keep aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a non-stick pan. Add green cardamoms, cinnamon, garlic, ginger, cloves and fenugreek seeds and sauté.
- Add green chilies and sauté.
- Heat another pan and cook the tomato puree in it. Add salt in it. Add this tomato gravy into the above ginger garlic masala and continue to cook.
- Heat a non-stick pan and add the remaining oil. Fry the cheese cubes in the pan till the cubes are golden brown.
- Add chopped coriander leaves into the tomato gravy and mix. Now add the red chili powder, salt, garam masala and honey and mix. Cook this mixture for 1 minute.
- Add the cheese cubes into the above mixture and mix well.
- Serve hot with chapatti or rice.
- Crush the cardamoms before sauté. It will add a better fragrance.
- Add a little salt to the cheese cubes while frying. It will taste better.