Drinking ‘virgin aloe vera juice’ i.e. the pure juice made only from the freshly extracted aloe vera gel is always the healthiest option. But it doesn’t really taste good, I’ve tried to consume it a few times, but failed miserably.
However I have now found the perfect recipe, add a dash of lime or lemon and a healthy sweetener like raw honey to it and needless to say, I loved the taste! Hope, you will also fall in love with this simple, easy and curing drink.
- Aloe vera Gel – 1-2 teaspoon ( Learn how to make fresh aloe vera gel )
- Lime / lemon – 1 small
- Pure honey – 1 tablespoon
- Water – 1 cup
- Squeeze out the lime or lemon to extract fresh juice from it.
- Now, put the aloe vera gel inside a blender or food processor. Also, add pure honey and lime or lemon juice into it and blend to get a smooth juice.
- Sprinkle some rock salt over it and serve.
- If aloe leaves are not aceessible at your place, replace them with 2 teaspoons of commercially available pure aloe vera gel.
- Powdered jaggery can also be used as an alternative to honey. Try to avoid sugar.
- Lemon juice and rock salt will add zing to the pale taste of the juice. So, do not skip them away.