Going natural is the best way to combat or improve any condition. Being natural or organic ensures additional benefits and results. People have opted to go natural in a number of ways like hair care, skin care and health. Ever thought of your oral health? Well, this post is about various natural toothpaste recipes.
Oral care comes with eating healthy diet too, and that of course is needed for long lasting oral health and to prevent any oral infections or cavities. Here are the Natural Toothpaste Recipes:
RECIPE 1: Things you need:
- About ½ cup coconut oil
- 2-3 Tablespoons of baking soda
- 2 small packets of stevia powder
- 15-20 drops of peppermint or cinnamon essential oil
- 10 drops myrrh extract (optional)
- Melt or slightly soften organic coconut oil.
- Mix in other ingredients and stir well. If using semi-hard coconut oil, use a fork, if not, use a spoon. If you are using completely melted coconut oil, you will need to stir several times while the mixture cools to keep the baking soda incorporated.
- Put mixture into small glass jar (I make different ones for each family member)
- Let cool completely.
To use: dip toothbrush in and scrape small amount onto bristles. Could also use a small spoon to put on toothbrush.
RECIPE 2: This is for a single-use application, so the adjust measurements to suit the amount you like on your brush.
Things you need:
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, finely ground
- 1 drop peppermint, clove, or citrus pure essential oil
- A few drops of water
Method: Mix ingredients in a small bowl and combine thoroughly until a thick paste is formed.
To use: Scoop it on to your toothbrush and brush as usual. Use these natural easy-to-make toothpaste recipes for an overall oral health.