Amla or Indian gooseberry is regarded as a best hair care ingredient! Natural remedies always work the best and are better than commercial products, I am sure many of you will agree to this. Amla is traditionally used to treat a number of hair and scalp issues as it is mentioned in Ayurveda.Amla or Indian gooseberry has hair strengthening properties that reduces hair fall and stimulates hair growth when used religiously. Amla in oil form works the best for hair fall and below is how you could make amla hair oil along with its hair benefits:
- Amla is rich in vitamin C content and as a result it is beneficial for hair growth.
- Amla can prevent premature greying, hairloss and dull rough hair.
- Amla oil is a great hair conditioner and keeps hair soft and manageable.
- Amla oil also has anti-dandruff properties as it is anti-bacterial and anti-fungal in nature.
- Amla oil keeps follicles from getting clogged and stimulates hair growth. Regular use of amla oil also keeps hair strong and free from breakage.
HOW TO MAKE AMLA OIL:
Things you need-
- 3 tablespoons amla powder or 4 tablespoons of fresh amla paste
- 1 cup of organic raw coconut oil
In a vessel, add 1 cup of organic raw coconut oil. To the oil, add 3 tablespoons amla powder or 4 tablespoons of fresh amla paste, whatever is available.
Put the vessel on low flame and let it simmer for good 1 hour with a lid on it. After 1 hour, remove the lid and let the oil cool down.
Strain the oil using muslin cloth and do not forget to squeeze the residue to obtain every possible drop of the precious oil. Store it in a jar and use as required.
Ways to use- You can use the oil before bedtime as an overnight treatment or apply on scalp 1 hour before shampooing. You can also add this oil to your homemade hair masks.