We love our jewelry, we might for once fall out of love with our man but never with our favorite jewelry. So as long as your love for jewelry remains, make sure your jewelry lasts too! That can happen if you shower love on your jewelry by pampering it with some care. Today I am going to throw light on some easy breezy methods of taking care of your jewelry to make them last longer. Simple ways of maintaining the jewelry can help it last long.
Always store it in their original box as it will have the customized placing and pins which makes it convenient to hold it neatly in the box. It will also prevent its contact with other jewelry. It is good to keep earrings, rings etc covered with cotton to protect it from scratches.
While cleaning the jewelries, clean it very gently using a mild soap and a soft brush. Use cold water to clean it and after cleaning dry it and then store it. DIY jewelery cleaner >>
- Diamonds: Diamond is the hardest jewel but still it is petty fragile. Although it will not scratch, it can break therefore it needs to be handled with special care.
- Platinum: Platinum jewelry needs to be stored in a jewelry box so that it does not get any scratches. Clean it with mild dish wash and soft tooth-brush or just wipe with a soft cloth.
- Gold: Gold does not get tarnished but they do become dirty as it contacts with skin oils and sweat. To clean gold, take a mild dish wash and a soft tooth-brush and scrub your gold jewelry with it and then wash it with lukewarm water.
- Silver: Do not use tissue paper or paper towels to clean silver as that will scratch it. Once cleaned store it in an airtight container like a cloth bag, plastic bag or a good airtight jewelry box.
- Pearls and corals: They need some extra attention, as they get easily damaged when it comes in contact with perfume, hairspray, cosmetics as well as cologne. Clean them with a wet cotton cloth with a mild soap.
- White gold: White gold has rhodium finish to it which gives its characteristic color. This rhodium finish does get worn out with time hence it needs extra attention. That can be done by taking it to a jeweler and getting the rhodium finish once again so that it looks as good as new.
Points to keep in mind:-
- Keep inspecting your jewelry in every intervals to keep a check on any kind of damage.
- Jewelry should be frequently cleaned to maintain it.
- Apply your cosmetics, hairspray and perfume first and then wear your jewelry.
- Do not use jewelry while doing household work like gardening, cleaning etc.
- Some gemstones must be kept away from sunlight hence take care of that.
So these are the simple ways of taking care of your jewelry. Follow these simple rules and maintain your jewelry for a longer time.