Nails look good only when they are well polished and clean. Some girls fail to achieve a polished and healthy look due to lack of maintenance, using nails as tools and weak or brittle nails that tend to peel. Weak or brittle nails can be caused due to some kind of deficiency or due to regularly using nail enamels.
Eating a healthy diet and following proper nail care are easy ways to keep your nails strong and growing at a healthy pace. You can also promote nail growth with some easy natural remedies using simple ingredients. Below is an easy nail soak recipe that can make your nails strong and less prone to breakage or peeling provided you use it 3-4 times a week.
- The oil in oil-soak penetrates deep into the skin and nails and thus helps nourish your nails. Plus, it contains vitamin E which improves circulation blood circulation; helps repair damaged nails and promotes nail strength and growth.
- The oil-soak moisturizes nails and cuticles thereby making them healthy and less prone to dryness and peeling.
- Vitamin E also helps reduce yellowing of nails making them look fresh and manicured.
- Flax seed oil is also very effective in boosting nail growth due to its high content of omega-3 fatty acids.
- Castor oil and coconut oil are great for treating brittle and cracked nails and also damaged cuticles since its adds a boost of moisture that prevents them from breaking and heals cuticles.
RECIPE FOR DIY NAIL STRENGTHING OIL:
Things you need: To make this nail oil soak, you need 4-5 tablespoons of coconut oil, 2 tablespoons of castor oil, 5-6 drops of flax seed oil and 5-6 drops of vitamin E oil or 2 capsules of vitamin E oil.
Method: To make the oil nail soak, add in 4-5 tablespoons of coconut oil into a circular bowl with wide mouth. Into it, add 2 tablespoons of castor oil and mix. Make sure you mix after every step. Now add in 5-6 drops of 100% pure flax seed oil followed by same quality of vitamin E oil. If you have vitamin E capsules, you can use 2 capsules- simply break open the capsules and squeeze out the oil into oil soak you just made. Mix everything thoroughly and warm it up only a bit. Dip in your fingers into the oil for good 15 minutes and then massage the cuticles and nails for 3-4 minutes. Wash off your hands using a mild and moisturizing hand liquid soap and pat dry. Apply a moisturizer concentrating on the nails and cuticles and you are done. Yu can also use a nail cream if you have.
Tip: Follow this routine 3 times a week before bedtime and wear hand gloves after moisturizing. Gradually your nails will grow strong and healthier. More: Overnight nail care