To look healthy and fresh, one needs a good night sleep. Some are blessed with ability to sleep as and when they hit the bed at night, some do not feel sleepy for hours. Insomnia is a big problem given our long work hours and hectic schedules. Over a period of time, it can turn out to be chronic as a result of stress, anxiety, and as a side effect of disease or medication.
Aroma of lavender has been shown in human studies “to slow down heart rate, slow blood pressure and put you in a parasympathetic state, which is a relaxed state which helps you sleep better. Below is a recipe for DIY lavender oil sleep spray along with its benefits:
- What lavender actually does is relaxing you and prevents agitation and stress. This calms your mind and helps you sleep better.
- Lavender may slow the activity of the nervous system, thus inducing a feeling calm.
- Like I mentioned, the aroma of lavender has been shown in human studies “to slow down heart rate, slow blood pressure and put you in a parasympathetic state.
- Lavender works far better than any sleeping medications since it has no harmful effects nor does it make you addicted!
- This lavender sleep spray can be used even from kids to adults! It is that safe!
- Witch hazel in the recipe helps diffuse the lavender better this is because it has a property of getting mixed with essential oils, thus better the effect.
RECIPE FOR DIY LAVENDER OIL SLEEP SPRAY:
Things you need-
- 10-15 drops of pure lavender essential oil
- 2-3 tablespoons witch hazel
- ½ cup filtered water
In a bowl, add ½ cup of water followed by 10 drops of lavender essential oil. Stir it well and add in 5-6 tablespoons of witch hazel. Again stir well and pour into a spray bottle. To use, shake well and spray n the pillows, bed sheets, or feet. Take a deep breath to draw the scent all the way in to release a calming effect.