Facial oils are not a new discovery. These have been an integral part of our mother’s and grandmother’s beauty regime for long. However, there have been a lot of recent talks and exposure about use of oils and essential oils in the skincare ritual. As a result, lot of us now religiously use coconut oil, almond oil and jojoba oil with essential oils mixed in to remove makeup or for a massage. There is one oil, however, which is kind of side-lined and not promoted as a very glam facial oil – Kumkumadi Oil.
Kumkumadi oil or kumkumadi tailam is a unique blend of oils and ayurvedic herbs formulated to help skin look young and healthy. It is the traditional way of including facial oils in your regular skin care. And the best part is you need not prepare an effective concoction by mixing up various oils and essential oils. This ‘miracle in a bottle’ already has around 16 highly potent ingredients which will help you with probably everything under the sun. The saffron, sandalwood, turmeric, lotus pollen, jasadbhasma, vetiver, licorice and several other beneficial ingredients make it the ‘Wonder Boy’ of facial oils.
Benefits of Kumkumadi Oil:
- Illuminates skin: Glowing skin and brighter complexion is the primary benefit of using this oil. Anti-bacterial and antioxidant features of saffron keeps your skin healthy and also gives a brighter tone by removing tan from your face.
- Young and healthy skin: I love using the oil for its anti-ageing properties. Every woman needs to have this oil in her kitty once she crosses 30. The oil, with a regular face massage, will boost your anti-ageing skin care routine and keep it young and toned.
- Flawless Skin: Kumkumadi Oil also helps in correcting skin problems like spots, dark circles, acne, blemishes, etc. Turmeric and sandalwood, along with other ingredients, keep the skin problem free and helps to control blemishes and lighten the spots.
- Sun protection: Jasadbhasma in this oil acts as a natural sunscreen against harmful and damaging sunrays.
- Clear Skin: The oil is the best way to cleanse, nourish, soothe and brighten the skin in one go.
- Gets rid of dark circles: regular use of the oil will lighten and brighten the skin around your eyes.
- Kama Ayurveda Kumkumadi Miraculous Beauty Ayurvedic Serum Rs. 1350 for 12ml. Read the full review here >>
- Vasu Healthcare Kumkumadi Tailam Rs. 220 for 50 ml on flipkart.com
- Iraya Kumkumadi Tailam or kumkumadi balm Rs. 995 for 10 ml
- Blue Nectar Kumkumadi Ayurvedic Fairness Treatment for Face Glow – Rs. 895 for 10ml
How to use:
The easiest and the most common way to use this oil is a regular facial massage. Take about 4-5 drops of the oil and apply on your clean face. Start massaging your face in gentle and upward strokes for 5 minutes. Leave it on overnight. Apply it directly on dark circles or scars before going to bed to quickly lighten the skin.
So, my dear fellow skincare enthusiasts, it is high time to stock up your cabinet with this wonder oil. Kumkumadi oil will help you to restore your glow and keep your skin looking healthy, without spending lot of time and money. Now, who doesn’t need that???