Dry lips underneath the lipstick will make your lipstick look cracked, clumpy and dried, also the lipstick can wear off easily. So next time you have extreme dry lips, follow these steps to make your lips soft and smooth.
You will need:
- 1 Tbsp of Coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp of Beeswax
- 1 Tsp vitamin e oil
- A drop of essential oil (optional)
- Mix all the ingredients together to make your own natural coconut oil lip balm.
- Start by exfoliating your lips to get rid of dry skin.
- Next step is to SKIP the lip balm, instead use the coconut lip balm, you just need a small amount of it only to moist your lips, if you have access oil on your lips then blot your lips with a tissue paper.
- Add essential oils such as peppermint or cinnamon to plump your lips naturally.
- Let the oil set for few mins before applying the lipstick, you should now have hydrated and moisturized lips which will stay on for a longer period and your lipstick will glide on smoothly on your lips.
- Use a small container to store your lip balm and keep it in the refrigerator so that it stays nice and solid.