Which is one food that we hate during summer? Soup, of course! After all, nobody can enjoy that smoking hot bowl of liquid when the temperature outside is around 45 degree Celsius, right? Well, worry not.
Today, I’m going to give you a chilled soup recipe that uses your favorite fruits like mango and cucumber.
- Ripe Mango – 1 large
- Fresh cucumber – 1 large
- Onion – 1 medium-sized
- Lemon – 1
- Green chili – 1
- Rock salt – 1 tablespoon
- Dry mango powder – 1 teaspoon
- White vinegar – 1 tablespoon
- Water – 2(1/2) cups
- Fresh curry leaf – 1 or 2
- Wash both the mango and the cucumber under running water. Peel them off carefully.
- Cut them into two halves. The seed of the mango should be discarded.
- Take one half of each mango and cucumber and make small chunks of them.
- Cut other halves of the fruits into small cubes or long thin pieces and set them aside.
- Finely chop up the onion and the green chili.
- Squeeze the fresh juice out of the lemon.
- Now, put mango and cucumber chunks into the blender. Pour (1/2) cup of water into it and blend well until you get a smooth thick puree.
- Transfer it to a large mixing bowl. Pour vinegar, lemon juice, rock salt, dry mango powder and rest of the water into it and mix well with a hand blender.
- Add small mango and cucumber pieces to this mixture. Also, add chopped onion and green chilies to it.
- Mix everything with a spoon and place the bowl inside the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Garnish the ice-cold soup with curry leaves and serve.
- Make sure that the mango is ripe and sweet enough. The taste of this soup solely depends upon the quality of the mango used.
- You may go for seedless cucumber if your wish. But it really doesn’t matter as the seeds get liquefied during blending very well.
- Curry leaves can also be replaced with fresh coriander leaves.