Having cracked heels looks unattractive and feels quite painful. However, applying a foot cream isn’t a way out, no matter how many times the advertisements highlight its effectiveness. The foot cream would be rendered effective only when your heels are cleaned scrupulously and the rough edges with that layer of dead skin are removed carefully. Have you ever considered using Hydrogen Peroxide for treating cracked heels? You must give it a try and see what difference it makes!
HYDROGEN PEROXIDE BENEFITS FOR CRACKED HEELS
- Hydrogen peroxide is very effective in melting the tough dead skin away from the heels.
- It helps clean the cracks on the heels to promote healing.
- Peroxide, when combined with hot water, helps soften calluses.
HOW TO USE HYDROGEN PEROXIDE FOR TREATING CRACKED HEELS
Things that you need
- Hydrogen peroxide- 2 cups
- Hot water-2cups
- Lukewarm water
- Liquid soap
- Foot file
- Foot cream
- Cotton socks
- Mix hydrogen peroxide with hot water in a tub.
- Soak your feet for 30 minutes in the solution.
- Rinse well and dry your feet.
- Now place your feet in a tub of lukewarm water.
- Dip the foot file in water and put some liquid soap on it.
- With the help of the foam-covered foot file, start filing your heels, paying attention to the rough edges, calluses and cracks.
- Rinse and dry your feet.
- Apply good quality foot cream, especially formulated for cracked heels. Wait for some time.
- Wear a pair of cotton socks. Feet feel softer and smoother.
- If you don’t have a foot cream readily available, use lip balm instead. Alternately, you may use olive oil or coconut oil.
- This treatment is best done before going to bed so that you can wear the cotton socks overnight and moisture is sealed in the cracks of your feet properly.
- Take care of your feet on a regular basis.
- In case you have an open wound on your foot, let it heal first and then go for the cracked heel treatment.
- Do not neglect foot health, especially if you are a diabetic. The fissures on your heels need to be cleaned thoroughly well and you must seek doctor’s advice.