Like many do you also find it difficult to get rid of blackheads? Removing these stubborn blackheads is really a challenging task but don’t worry. There are plenty of ways among which hydrogen peroxide is a remedy. If you don’t know how to use it to remove them then read on.
What Are Blackheads?
Blackheads usually results when the oil clogs in the pores and this oxidizes further. This makes your skin turn blackish or brownish. All those products available in the market that claim to remove blackheads usually don’t work since it isn’t easy. Home remedies work better than these products and give you beautiful and clear skin. Hydrogen peroxide is one of those remedies which help you in getting rid of these blackheads.
Method To Use Hydrogen Peroxide For Blackheads: This method is really simple. Just follow the steps below.
- It is essential to remove all the bacteria, dirt, impurities and excess oil from face first before treating it. Get a gentle cleanser instead of a harsh one to get rid of them and wash your face. Pat dry with a soft towel.
- After cleansing, comes exfoliating. You can use your favorite scrub or use homemade scrub to exfoliate the skin with blackheads. Rinse thoroughly and pat dry.
- Now here is the main step. Take a cotton ball and dip it in 3% hydrogen peroxide. Dab it over blackheads area gently and avoid eyebrows and your hairline since hydrogen peroxide is a bleaching agent.
- While your skin is still damp, apply 1 teaspoon of olive oil, jojoba oil or avocado oil properly. This works like an emollient by smoothening and protecting the skin.
Hydrogen peroxide you applied will dissolve your blackheads and remove them completely. If you have blackhead scars, hydrogen peroxide still can help you in fading them away. Just mix hydrogen peroxide and water in equal quantities and dip a cotton ball in it. Dab it over the scars and leave it overnight. By doing this for few days, you’ll observe your scars becoming lighter day by day.
Few Tips To Remember:
- You may get tempted to over-exfoliate to get rid of those stubborn blackheads but you shouldn’t do it. This will irritate your skin and eliminate more stratum corneum than required. This layer of your skin with dead skin cells which prevents your skin from losing moisture and prevents infections.
- Some people may be sensitive to hydrogen peroxide. In such case, you can try using lemon juice instead. This helps greatly in fading scars.
- You can use sugar scrub or salt scrub made at home but sugar scrub is preferred over salt scrub since salt dries skin while sugar is a humectant which consists of alpha-hydroxy acids to keep the sebum plugs soft.
- Avoid contact of eyes while using hydrogen peroxide. If it gets into them, rinse with water immediately. If it irritates your eyes, then go to doctor immediately.
- Scrubbing dead skin twice a week will prevent blackheads re-appear.
- Prefer mild face products over harsh products since they are soothing on the skin especially when you have acne-prone skin or sensitive skin.
When it comes to treating blackheads, hydrogen peroxide really comes to rescue since it can effectively dissolve blackheads. But do not use it too often since it can be harsh on over-usage. Use it till you get rid of all the blackheads on your face and get brighter and clearer skin. Like it treats blackheads, it also treats whiteheads, acne and fades away scars. This way it can cure most of the major skin problems and give you vibrant looking skin.