Mint tea is a really versatile and simple tea to produce at home or when traveling or hiking. It’s one of the most refreshing teas available, great for warm weather and for when you need perking up. Here are some of the major benefits of consuming mint tea:
- Boosts immune system
- Helps to improve breath
- Aids in weight loss by reducing appetite
- Helps to reduce fever and associated pain and discomfort
- Helps to prevent vomiting, nausea and morning sickness
- Provides relief from excess gas, bloating, cramping and stomach discomfort
- Aids in relieving mental stress, cough and cold!
Read on to know the recipe for an easy Mint tea. Things you need:
- 5-6 mint leaves (you may add more if you want a strong mint flavour)
- Sugar/honey or lemon juice of 1 lemon
- ½ cup water
- Add mint leaves in water and boil for 4-5 minutes
- You may crush the leaves before adding in water so that maximum components from the leaves are extracted.
- Remove from heat and add sugar if you like it sweet or lemon if you prefer un-sweetened.
- Serve warm!
Note: you can even make a tea bag using coffee filter. Just add dried and crushed mint leaves into the filter and make a pocket out of it stapling the open side. You may steep it in hot water for 5 minutes.