If mosquitoes have been bothering you for a while now and you wish to lay your hands on natural mosquito repellents, it is time you looked into your kitchen cabinet! Read to learn how you can concoct surprising mosquito repellents using items readily available in your kitchen.
HOW TO KEEP MOSQUITOES AWAY USING KITCHEN INGREDIENTS?
Mint And Vodka Mosquito Repellent – Mint is a commonly grown kitchen herb. Apart from seasoning your favourite dishes, you can also use mint for doing away with those minute vampires. Here is the detailed procedure:
- Fill a plastic container with fresh mint and saturate it with vodka. Soak for about 5 days.
- Sieve out the liquid and put it in the refrigerator for 2 days.
- Since alcohol doesn’t freeze well, you will find it easy to drain away the liquid alcohol while the mint oil is in frozen state. Melt it to get mint oil.
- Mix apple cider vinegar (1/3 cup), cheap vodka (1/3 cup) and five drops of mint oil.
- Pour the ingredients into a spray bottle and shake well.
- Use this organic kitchen-made mosquito repellent safely to keep mosquitoes at bay!
Apple Cider Vinegar Mosquito Repellent Drink
ACV is known to be an efficient mosquito repellent. To prepare a mosquito repellent drink, add 2 tablespoons of ACV to 450 ml water and drink it. If it is too bitter for you to drink, add a spoonful of honey for sweetening it.
Garlic Mosquito Repellent Spray
Garlic has a very strong scent and is known to drive mosquitoes away. In a litre of water, crush several garlic cloves and allow it to simmer on low heat. This will help in softening garlic cloves and releasing essential oils in the water. Turn off the flame. Once the liquid cools down, strain the liquid and do away with the garlic chunks. Use it as your homemade mosquito repellent spray. Sprinkling garlic powder is also known to keep mosquitoes at bay.
Thus, you can use these easily available ingredients from your kitchen for keeping those tiny and nagging vampires from sucking your blood. Do you know of any other recipe that acts as a safe and organic mosquito repellent?