Ubtan is used in India since ages. Mostly, the brides to be, uses ubtan daily as a part of their daily skin care regimen. Well, it can be used by everyone who wants radiant, clean and bright skin! It is especially useful for people with oily skin. It has many benefits. It is a natural cleanser and a good exfoliator. It removes the blackheads as well.
You can make ubtan at home easily with the ingredients available with you. You have to have some time for yourself, for skin pampering. Here is the method.
BENEFITS OF USING UBTAN:
- works as a great skin exfoliator. Buffs away dead skin cells and any dirt leaving behind cleansed skin.
- Makes skin super soft and silky to touch.
- Does not dry out skin.
- Brightens up complexion and evens out skin tone.
- Helps remove sun tan.
- Fights skin blemishes and acne.
READ MORE – Green tea hair growth powder
- Gram flour- 1/3 cup
- Almond flour- 2-3 tablespoons
- Sandalwood powder- 2-3 tablespoons
- Turmeric powder- 1 tablespoon
In a bowl or jar, add gram flour, almond flour, sandalwood powder and turmeric powder.
Mix everything well and your ubtan is ready! You can also add in orange peel powder and rose petal powder for added benefits.
Store the powder in an air-tight jar in a cool and dry place.
To use, mix the powder with rose water or yogurt. Mix a teaspoon of fresh tomato juice to get rid of pigmentation. READ MORE – Coconut Hair Spray – for dry, frizzy and damaged hair
How to apply-
- Take the ubtan and apply it to your face and body.
- It has to be applied in upward direction.
- Keep it for 10-15 minutes.
- Wash it with normal water making sure yu massage while you rinse.
- Pat dry with a towel.
Benefits of the ingredients
- Gram flour: It is easily available at home. It tightens your skin, removes the blackheads and makes your skin soft and smooth. It is a good exfoliator and lightens and brightens the skin.
- Almonds: Almonds are good for skin lightening. It makes your skin smooth and supple. It gives your skin an instant glow. Almond powder has an excellent scrub. It helps to cure open pores.
- Sandalwood powder: Sandalwood powder along with gram flour helps to lighten the skin. It has cooling properties. It has a distinctive fragrance which makes it a demanding ingredient in the face packs.
- Turmeric powder: Turmeric is an antiseptic and good for skin. It as acts an exfoliant. It will improve your complexion.
- Yogurt: Yogurt will moisturize your skin. It is good for improving the skin complexion and fights acne.
- Rosewater: It cools and refreshes the skin. It helps to close the pore. Good for oily skin.
This is a natural pack with lot of benefits. Use it once or twice a week and get a bright and radiant skin!