Turmeric milk also called as ‘golden milk’ is a great ayurvedic preparation that not only is delicious, but also has great health benefits. Turmeric milk is quite easy to prepare and you also get readymade mix/powder. Have you ever tried making your own golden milk mix? It is easy to use on-the-go without having to collect all the ingredients and travel-friendly too! Below is a recipe:
BENEFITS OF GOLDEN MILK:
- Golden milk helps ward off any respiratory infections.
- It soothes the throat and reduces pain and swelling related to sore throat or inflamed tonsils.
- Golden milk has immune boosting ingredients that prevent further infections especially common cold and throat infections.
- It also keeps you healthy and free of allergies.
RECIPE FOR GOLDEN MILK MIX:
Things you need-
- 1/3 cup turmeric
- 2 tablespoon ginger powder
- 2 tablespoon cinnamon powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup milk powder
- In a bowl or plate, add all the ingredients and mix it well making sure there are no lumps left.
- Store the mix in an air-tight jar or container.
- Add 3-4 tablespoons of this mix to hot water and consume warm.
- If you do not have milk powder, you can skip it and use 1 tablespoon of the mix per cup of hot milk.