Does your hair feel oily and scalp feels slimy? Do you experience the need to wash your hair frequently just because you want to do away with that oily feeling? Well, in that case, you must make yourself aware of the fact that spray shampoo is a wonderful option and the best part is that you can make it at home!
WHEN TO USE HOMEMADE SPRAY SHAMPOO
If you are washing your hair regularly to steer clear from greasiness, perhaps you are harming your hair unknowingly. Over-washing your hair can strip your hair of its natural oils. Your scalp, in an attempt to compensate for the oil it has lost in course of over-washing, ends up producing more sebum and thus, you get into a vicious cycle of never-ending oily scalp. So, if you decide to reduce the number of times you are washing your hair in a week, spray shampoo can be your ultimate savior.
BENEFITS OF USING HOMEMADE SPRAY SHAMPOO
- It helps combat greasiness or scalp and hair effectively.
- It ensures that you don’t have to wash your hair every day.
- It helps style your hair without any problem.
- Cornstarch and alcohol, used in homemade spray shampoo as staple ingredients, help soak excess sebum naturally and hair roots feel fresh.
- Adding essential oils like lavender essential oil or peppermint oil adds natural aroma to your spray shampoo.
- It is free from harmful chemicals and artificial fragrance.
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE SPRAY SHAMPOO
Things you need
- Cornstarch- 1 tablespoon
- Water- 4 tablespoons
- Rubbing alcohol- 1 tablespoon
- Lavender essential oil- a few drops
- Mix all the ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Pour this mixture in a spray bottle.
- Shake well before you use it.
- Spray to moisten the hair roots.
- Brush out into the hair strands and blow up the roots with the help of hair dryer.
- Ruffle your hair up with your fingers.
- If time permits or in case you don’t have hair dryer at home, you can certainly air-dry your hair.
Don’t put too much cornstarch, else hair would feel very dry and might offer a powdery appearance.