Does your skin look dry, dull and dark on your elbows and knees? With the right kind of skin brightening body scrub, it is possible to treat dark knees and elbows easily at home. Using a DIY homemade body scrub using lemon juice, salt, sugar, olive oil and honey help remove dead cells, lighten your skin tone and keep your skin nourished:
BENEFITS OF USING DIY SKIN BRIGHTENING BODY SCRUB FOR DARK KNEES AND ELBOWS
Lemon juice has plenty of Vitamin C that aids in removing dead skin cells while its natural bleaching properties lighten the skin tone. It is also unparalleled in its ability to promote revival of skin cells.
Sugar granules as well as salt help exfoliate your skin to remove that thick dark patch on your elbows and knees. Salt is a natural cleansing agent that pulls dirt out.
Olive oil, high in Vitamin E, is a natural moisturizing agent that nourishes and deep conditions the dry skin thoroughly.
Honey has skin toning properties that make your dark skin glow with health.
This body scrub, which can be made with easily available ingredients, not only help lighten those dark areas, but also makes your skin radiant.
Things that you need:
- Lemon juice- 2 tablespoons
- Olive oil- 1 tablespoon
- Salt- 1 teaspoon
- Sugar (brown or white)- 2 tablespoons
- Honey- 1 teaspoon
Method: Mix lemon juice with honey and olive oil. Add salt and sugar to the mixture. Wet your elbows and knees with plain water. Rub this exfoliating mixture for 10 minutes. Wash off. Follow up with a moisturising lotion.
READ MORE – Get glowing with DIY Natural Suncreen Oil
Do this treatment everyday for the first two weeks and then every alternate day for lightening dark knees and elbows.
- Use freshly extracted lemon juice for best results.
- Make sure the salt and sugar don’t dissolve in the solution soon after mixing and their grainy property is retained. If for that, you have to increase the amount of salt or sugar added, do so.
- Avoid sun exposure immediately after using this body scrub.
- Keep your elbows and knees hydrated. Use shea butter or cocoa butter at bed time everyday.