Skin can have variety of problems with every passing day. It is natural for skin to lose the glow and healthy look because skin ages as our body grows old. With regular following up of the natural remedies for skin the youthfulness of the skin can be retained and ageing can be delayed.
Pigmentation is one of the major problem skin faces especially in women. The reasons are many; acne marks, hormonal issues, skin rashes, skin infections and irritations, allergic reactions, sun exposure, hereditary problems of pigmentation in skin. But, thanks to the numerous home remedies and natural ingredients which help in reducing pigmentation by constantly using them. Here is a simple and quick homemade treatment to reduce skin pigmentation.
You will need the easiest available ingredients from the kitchen. Every kitchen is sure to have these items.
- About 2 cm thick slice of raw potato
- 1 spoon of powdered oatmeal
- Half a spoon of honey
Raw potato works well in lightening pigmentation in the skin. It also lightens the scars and acne spots. Potatoes are natural anti ageing agents and hence considered one of the best in treating skin problems. Since potatoes contains enzymes that lightens the pigmentation and also skin tone. They maintain a healthy glowing skin and prevent a host of skin problems.
Oatmeal is suitable for all skin types and all skin problems. It has anti-inflammatory properties and this is best suited to treat acnes and their scars. Pigmentation; both hyper and hypo can be treated with constant application of oatmeal on the troubled skin.
Honey is another skin food which easily acts on all skin problems. Either ways, when consumed orally or applied topically on the skin, honey is very beneficial. A natural moisturizer, has the capability of solving many of the skin problems.
Method of preparation:
- Peel a potato and make piece of medium thickness. Grate the raw potato finely.
- Transfer into a clean bowl.
- To this bowl add powdered oats and honey.
- Mix well and allow the mixed ingredients for just about 2 minutes to set altogether well.
- Your homemade oatmeal and potato skin treatment for pigmentation is ready.
Do not leave it unused for long, as raw potato gets oxidised easily.
How to use oatmeal and potato mask:
- Begin with a clean face.
- Use a natural cleanser that is readily available with you. Milk cream is one of the best natural cleansers. Spread a small amount of milk cream on the face and neck and massage for about 3 to 4 minutes. This will help increase the blood circulation. Then wipe off with wet cotton cloth.
- Apply the prepared potato and oatmeal mask on the face. You can do spot application (wherever pigmentation is present) or cover the entire face and neck.
- Leave it for about 20 minutes and wash off.
- Repeat this every day for a month or so. You will observe the visible difference.