If you want healthy and beautiful hair, you must take good care of your hair and religiously stick to a wholesome hair care routine. Apart from oil massage and regular cleansing, hair needs to be conditioned and nourished. A deep conditioning hair mask would not only nourish the hair but will also take care of problems like hair fall, split ends, rough texture and lack-lustre hair. Try out this amazing DIY homemade deep conditioning hair mask for easy yet effective hair care.
DIY Homemade Curd And Honey Hair Mask For Deep Conditioning
List of ingredients: To prepare this easy deep conditioning hair mask, you would require:
- Curd- 5 tablespoons
- Honey- 2 tablespoons
- Coconut oil- 1 tablespoon
This mentioned quantity would be sufficient for layered shoulder-length hair. If your hair is long, you need to increase the quantity of ingredients in the right proportions.
Benefits of ingredients used in the hair mask
- Curd: Curd is a good source of protein as well as Vitamin B complex which are great for growth of hair. It acts as a natural conditioner and has hair-softening properties that make curd an ideal choice for a nourishing hair mask. Curd helps in improving the texture of hair as well as in treating dandruff and hair fall.
- Honey: Honey is yet another delicious ingredient that acts as natural humectant. It has amazing anti-bacterial and healing properties too. Honey is also a natural softener and conditioner. It improves the health of hair follicles and also strengthens them. It keeps scalp free from itch and infection. It adds life to dull hair and makes your hair shiny.
- Coconut oil: This is a magic ingredient that has stood the test of time. Hair care seems incomplete without coconut oil. It effectively treats damaged hair, improves the texture of your hair, seals moisture in hair strands, shields the protein content in your hair and provides vitamins as well as iron that boost hair growth.
Instructions to prepare DIY hair mask
- Take curd in a bowl and whip it.
- Add coconut oil and honey to the curd and mix the ingredients thoroughly.
- Apply the mixture on your hair and scalp.
- You may use a shower cap if you experience dripping.
- Wait for 20 minutes to half-an-hour.
- Rinse with cool water.
- Use a good quality shampoo and wash off.