Are you tired of those tiny white flakes all over your scalp? If all the anti-dandruff shampoos and hair vitalizers available in the market have been rendered useless, try using Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) to treat that stubborn dandruff that refuses to go, no matter how much you try! ACV is one of the best homemade treatments you can ever find:
BENEFITS OF APPLE CIDER VINEGAR FOR DANDRUFF TREATMENT
- ACV is a storehouse of natural probiotics. Its anti-fungal and antibacterial nature helps treat the root cause of dandruff and prevent it from reoccurring by doing away with the bacteria and fungus that cause dandruff.
- Its anti- inflammatory properties help reduce inflammation and soothe irritated scalp.
- ACV is acidic in nature that not only aids in removing scalp build-up but also prevents fungal infection.
- Enzymes contained in ACV help unclog hair follicles, promote hair growth and keep scalp healthy.
- Since ACV is safe and free from chemicals, it doesn’t damage the scalp and hair, even when it is used regularly for treating dandruff.
HOW TO USE APPLE CIDER VINEGAR TO TREAT DANDRUFF
- DIRECT APPLICATION OF ACV: One of the simplest ways to use ACV for treating dandruff is by applying it directly on the scalp. Massage your scalp post application and wrap your hair with a warm towel. This turban therapy would help open pores and optimize absorption. Apply ACV on scalp twice every week for a month and soon, you will reap the benefits. You need not shampoo your hair immediately after this treatment.
- ACV-PEPPERMINT LEAVES INFUSION: Boil 7-8 peppermint leaves in a cup of water and remove the heat. Add a cup of ACV to it and allow steeping for 2 hours. Strain the solution and pour it in a spray bottle. Spray the mixture on hair and massage well. Leave it on for some time and then rinse with lukewarm water. You need not put shampoo after this. This treatment is very effective for treating dandruff as the goodness of peppermint combines with ACV and treats infections and itchiness of scalp.
- ACV-VINEGAR HAIR MASK: A mixture of ACV and yoghurt would give your hair its dose of proteins and vitamins while the antibacterial agents would treat dandruff efficiently. Add 1 teaspoon ACV to ½ cup yoghurt and apply on clean hair. Massage well and leave on for 15 minutes. Wash off thoroughly. Do this treatment once every week to remove dandruff.
- For best results, use ACV that is unfiltered, organic and unpasteurized.
- Go for a patch test before trying ACV-based home remedies for dandruff. Discontinue if your scalp experiences strong irritation.