Almond milk not only is a healthy substitute but milk but also tastes better than cow’s milk! Almond milk is a great alternative to dairy milk and a healthy component for any smoothie or shake.
Almonds are gluten-free, low in carbs, and promote a good cholesterol balance. As it is lactose free, it is great for people who are lactose intolerant. Store bought almond milk is loaded with tons of preservatives, so it is always better to make your own almond milk as it is quite easy and worth making at home. Want to make your own almond milk? Read on to know how to do it:
Things you need:
- 1-2 cups almonds
- Water (as per requirement)
- Muslin cloth (even normal clean cloth would do)
- Soak almonds in water overnight
- No need to peel the almonds as you are anyways going to strain it
- Add the almonds in a blender and add little water to blend it
- Tie muslin cloth on top of any container and pour almond milk on it
- Strain the liquid completely
- Store it in a closed container or bottle in refrigerated conditions
- Your almond milk is ready!
Note: Consume the almond milk in less than a week as it is perishable.