Papaya is said to be the “Fruit of the Angels” by Christopher Columbus. After discovering its sweet taste and smooth, buttery texture, he has rightly crowned it the name. Papaya is a fruit rich in vitamins A, C, K and also has antioxidant properties. It has a special enzyme called papain which provides numerous health benefits. Also its full of cancer-fighting carotenoids. Papaya is a great skin and hair care ingredient and works better than most of the commercial products! Below are some ways to use papaya in your beauty regime along with its benefits:
- Papaya is rich in vitamin C and thus helps to boost your immune system, protecting you from various infections and sicknesses.
- It is a low-calorie fruit packed with fibers. So if you are on a diet, adding papaya to your diet plan can help in weight loss as well keep you full and avoid cravings.
- Papayas are an excellent fruit for diabetic patients as they are low in sugar content and also have a lower glycemic index. Eating papaya regularly can help to prevent diabetes.
- Papayas are rich in vitamin A and C which helps to control cholestrol build up and blocking the arteries. Thus reduces the risk of heart attacks.
- Papayas are rich in fiber and combined with the enzyme papain, it helps to improve digestion.
- The fruit contains vitamin A which is good for eyes and vision. It also contains an enzyme called zeaxanthin which help to filter out rays that harm the retina.
- The seeds of papaya have antimicrobial properties and and applying powdered seeds to wounds can help in faster healing.
- Arthritis patients can consume papaya as it has anti-inflammatory effects and can reduce the pain in the joints.
- To treat throat disorders like tonsils, take the juice of green papaya and mix with honey and consume. It helps to arrest the spreading of infection.
- Green papaya juice is also a natural remedy to prevent swelling and pus formation in wounds.
- Papaya seeds have chemotherapeutic effects and can reduce the risk of cancer by preventing the spreading of cancerous cells.
HOME REMEDIES USING PAPAYA:
Hydrating Face Mask
If you have dry skin, papaya can help to make your skin smooth and soft. Mash papaya well and mix with honey. Apply the mask all over your face and leave on for 30 minutes. Wash off to reveal a glowing, well-hydrated skin.
Anti-pigmentation Face Pack
Papaya has skin lightening properties which works well to lighten dark spots and acne scars too. To make an anti-pigmentation face pack, mash papaya and tomato to a fine paste. Apply it on your face and wash off after 15 minutes. This is the best face pack for oily, combination skin in summers to get rid of pigmentation and patches.
Anti-wrinkle Face Pack
Just including papaya in your diet everyday can help you stay younger and fight-off aging. But if you need an easy face pack, blend a papaya along with banana and yoghurt. This combination is a deeply moisturizing face pack which helps to reveal a young and glowing skin immediately.
Fack Pack for oily skin:
If you suffer from excess oiliness, make a face pack of mashed papayas, orange juice and fuller’s earth. Orange juice is a natural astringent and also brightens skin. While fuller’s earth help to dry out pimples and acne.
Skin-whitening Face Pack:
This face pack helps to get a natural, healthy, glowing skin and improve your complexion. Soak some almonds in milk overnight. Morning, take the almonds along with the milk and papaya and blend to a fine paste. Apply all over your face and leave on for half an hour. Your complexion will improve gradually if you use this pack everyday.
Blend papaya and yoghurt into a fine paste and apply this mixture on your hair starting from the roots to the ends. Wrap a shower-cap or towel around your hair and keep it for an hour. Wash off with shampoo. Papaya conditions hair and makes it soft and smooth.
Papaya seeds have anti-fungal properties which help to control dandruff. Blend the pulp and seeds into a fine paste and massage on your scalp. Leave on for an hour and wash off.