Nothing gets better than initiating your day with a healthy breakfast! It not only helps you manage your weight but also keeps you full and energetic the entire day. Oatmeal porridge is always the best option for breakfast considering its health benefits and combining it with olive oil is just like a cherry on the cake! Olive oil not only adds on to the overall nutrition but also adds on to the taste.
- Oatmeal contains soluble fibre which stays in the stomach longer and helps you feel fuller, longer. This can prevent overeating later on in the day, which may help you maintain a healthy weight and avoid the health problems associated with overweight
- The water-soluble properties of beta-glucan help control blood sugar by slowing down digestion time, which can help diabetics achieve better glycemic control and prevent insulin resistance.
- A high fibre diet has also been shown to reduce the risk of colon cancer.
- Olive oil lowers the levels of total blood cholesterol, LDL-cholesterol and triglycerides. At the same time it does not alter the levels of HDL-cholesterol
- Recent studies indicate that regular consumption of olive oil can help decrease both systolic and diastolic blood pressure.
- Olive oil is rich in antioxidants, especially vitamin E, long thought to minimize cancer risk.
- Among plant oils, olive oil is the highest in monounsaturated fat, which doesn’t oxidize in the body, and its low in polyunsaturated fat, the kind that does oxidize.
- Although high in calories, olive oil has shown to help reduce levels of obesity.
- Indian black salt is considered a cooling spice in ayurvedic medicine and is recommended for many health issues such as constipation, indigestion, heartburn, bloating, flatulence, goitre, poor eyesight and hysteria.
Read on to know how I make this recipe for oatmeal porridge with olive oil:
Things you need:
- 3 tablespoons rolled oats
- 2 pinch pepper powder
- 2 pinch black salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Water as per requirement
- Combine pepper, black salt and oats with water (add water only till the point where the oats are completely soaked in it)
- Cook the mixture till oats swell and no water is seen
- Take the oats into a bowl and add olive oil to it
- Mix the oats thoroughly with olive oil till no oil is seen and a thick creamy mixture is formed
- Serve warm!