Kidney bean makes a delicious and healthy spread for sandwiches or pita bread. Kidney bean has many health benefits like it strengthens the immune system, prevents hype-tension and is also good if you‘re trying to lose weight. I’ve also read somewhere that it’s even good for glowing healthy looking skin and this is the main reason why I love making it 2-3 times a week.
This recipe is perfect for evening craving and even for breakfast. I love chili food so I have added chili powder in it but if you’re making it for your kids then you can skip it.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 5 min
- Kidney Beans
- Green chilies-2-3
- Butter for toasting
- Grated cheese-1/2 tbsp.
- Pepper powder-1/2 tbsp.
- Red Chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- Wash and soak one bowl kidney beans overnight or for 5-6 hours. After soaking, pressure cook until the beans turn soft.
- Strain and Mash the kidney beans to a smooth paste, you can also grind it but I prefer mashed one.
- Chop onion, tomato, cucumber, chilies finely.
- Take a bowl, add mashed kidney bean into it. Also add onion, tomato, cucumber and chilies into it. Mix everything well.
- Now add lemon juice, grated cheese, red chili powder, pepper powder and salt according to your taste. You can skip the red chili part if you don’t want it spicy. Mix all the ingredients well and your filling is ready.
- Divide the filling in four portions now and keep it aside.
- Take bread and butter it from both sides. Spread one portion of the filling over the bread and cover it with other bread making a sandwich.
- Put it in a sandwich maker and let it toast until its golden brown.
- Repeat for other three sandwiches also.
Cut diagonally and serve it hot. You can serve it with tomato ketchup or with fresh fruit juice. If you have the filling left with you then use it for serving like I did. It tasted yummy and kids love it too. Enjoy!