Cutlets are my favorite snack and I keep trying cutlets with various vegetables. Today I will share a recipe of healthy potato, cabbage and pea cutlet recipe with you all. This healthy tasty nutritious snack is crispy from outside but soft from inside. The best thing about these cutlets is that you can add or omit any vegetable still it will delicious in taste. I hope you all enjoy the yummy appetizer.
Serving Ideas: You can serve it with mayonnaise, mint chutney or tomato ketchup. I also like to sprinkle lemon juice over it for citrusy-flavor. Take one cutlet and put it in between buttered bread to serve it as healthy-sandwich. It’s a perfect recipe for kid’s lunchbox.
- Onion-1 medium
- Boiled Potato-1 medium
- 2 green chilies
- Chopped Cabbage- one cup
- frozen peas ½ cup
- Ginger Garlic Paste-1/4 tbsp.
- Salt To taste
- Red Chili powder ½ teaspoon
- Pepper powder ½ teaspoon
- Bread Crumps-3-4 tbsp.
- Lemon-1 medium
- Boil the frozen peas and potato lightly and drain.
- In a food processor put onion, potato, green chilies, cabbage and grind them all to get a coarse mixture. Make sure not to over-grind because you want a coarse mixture not a smooth paste.
- Empty this mixture in a bowl. Add ginger garlic paste, salt, red chili powder and pepper powder. Mix all the ingredients well with hands.
- Add 2 tbsp. of bread crumps into the mixture and combine it well with hands.
- Place the mixture in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Take a small part of the mixture and with the help of your palms give it a desired shape.
- Heat some oil in a non-stick pan and fry these cutlets until lightly brown from both sides.
- If the mixture doesn’t get hold together, add more bread crumps.
- Grease your palm with oil while making shape so that the mixture doesn’t stick to your hands.
- You can give it any interesting shape.
- You can even sauté the vegetable before grinding them if you prefer that way.
- You can also bake these cutlets in oven for 10 minutes at 180 Degree C.