Do you know coconut oil is described as healthiest oil on earth? Coconut oil contains saturated fat and has been used throughout the Pacific and Asia for thousands of years. Coconut oil is widely used for cooking and also for beauty maintenance. Since 5000 years, coconut oil has been a part of ancient Ayurveda medicine. Coconut oil is widely consumed now a day’s as it contains good cholesterol, good saturated fats and has antimicrobial, antioxidant, anti-fungal, antibacterial and soothing qualities.
Read on to know the benefits of coconut oil:
1. Thyroid stimulating: Coconut oil contains fatty acids in medium consistency and is useful in stimulating the metabolism and helps in giving you more energy.
2. Reduce cholesterol: Coconut oil is very rich in lauric acid. This acid is useful in protecting your heart as they reduce bad cholesterol and increase good cholesterol.
3. Ease Digestion: If you suffer from poor digestion or tummy bloating try adding coconut oil to your diet to treat digestive disorders including irritable bowel syndrome and microbial related tummy bugs.
4. Reduces weight loss: Are you planning to reduce weight? Then go for coconut oil. The healthy medium fatty acid chain does not move around with a bloodstream like some other fats, this fatty acid is directly sent to liver and is converted into energy. Fat in coconut oil is used to produce energy instead of fat stored in our body.
5. Control Diabetes: Coconut oil never produce an insulin spike in bloodstream. Coconut oil is very useful in controlling blood sugar level as it improves the secretion of insulin.
6. Dental health: Coconut oil helps in developing strong teeth and stops tooth decay. Try the Ayurveda oil pulling method for healthy gums, teeth and to detox your body naturally.
7. Healthy heart: People who consume coconut oil have only 30 to 60 % of fully saturated fat. So people who consume coconut oil have non-existent rate of cardiovascular disease.
8. Support your immune system: Coconut oil is good source of lauric acid. This acid is useful in supporting our body’s immune system.
9. Good for brain: Coconut oil is beneficial in improving cognitive function and stalls. It prevents neurodegenerative diseases in its early stages. Consume coconut oil daily to support brain health and prevent Alzheimer’s as part of ketogenic diet.
10. Great for Skin and hair: When coconut oil is applied on skin it helps in protecting the infected body part as it forms a protective antibacterial layer. Coconut oil is very useful in healing the damaged tissue of the skin. It also delays the appearance of wrinkles and sagging of skin as well as treats other skin problems including eczema, psoriasis and other skin infection. Coconut oil is also very helpful in hair growth and can also treat every hair problem. Best ways to use coconut oil for skin and hair >>
These were some amazing benefits of a coconut oil. Include coconut oil in daily use and see the amazing result.