Just as your skin needs moisturizing, your hair needs it too! Hair is naturally moisturized from time to time thanks to sebaceous glands that coat your hair with natural oil called sebum. Excess secretion makes your hair oily and less secretion makes your hair dry. If you have naturally dry hair, you need to keep your hair moisturized with topical hair oils and butters. Ever heard of hair lotion? Hair lotion is thinner than hair butters and below is a recipe you could try to keep your dry hair moisturized-
Olive oil- Moisturizes hair, keeps it soft and repairs chemical damage.
Shea butter- Has deep conditioning properties.
Rosemary oil- Has hair repairing properties.
RECIPE FOR HAIR LOTION:
Things you need-
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup shea butter
- 10 drops rosemary oil
- In a bowl, add olive oil and melted shea butter.
- Add in rosemary oil and stir.
- Toss the bowl in freeze for 30 minutes.
- The mixture won’t really harden but will turn turbid and will remain in the lotion consistency at room temperature.
- Give it a quick stir and pour it into a jar or pump bottle, whatever you feel is easy to use.
- Use a small quantity and massage it on dry hair ends after a hair wash. Works best on towel dried hair.
**Caution- Do not use it on the scalp as it can make it greasy. Not meant for oily hair.