Ginger is commonly used to help an upset stomach, motion or travel sickness or general low-grade fevers. It is also excellent for nausea and for warming you up when you feel cold (it stimulates cold hands and feet), and is esteemed as a “heating herb”. Ginger is reputed to help ward off colds or improve your recovery time, you can read all the best remedies using ginger tea. Tea is the most gentle form of consuming ginger.
Benefits of ginger tea :
- Useful in improving digestion
- Relieves menstrual discomfort – It eases the pain and uneasiness of an upset stomach. The ginger and lemon in the tea lowers the chances of heartburn and indigestion
- Strengthens immunity – Lemons are an excellent source of vitamin C which can heal wounds and preserve the strength of bones and teeth. In the onset of cold and flu, the ginger lemon tea can act as an effective anti-biotic.
- Relieves nausea
- Helps with Weight Loss -Ginger and lemon are powerful detox ingredients that helps to flush fat and will burn extra calories.
- Clears Sinuses
- Fights off flu, cough and cold
- Keeps motion sickness at bay – Ginger has long been used as a natural remedy for motion sickness.
- Aids digestion
- Clear skin – Rich in Vitamins C and B, and minerals like calcium, phosphorous and magnesium to help your skin radiate with health.
- Eases joint pain in arthritis
- Detox your body and eliminate toxins – The combination of lemon and ginger hydrate and boost the body’s ability to detox. It is a natural detoxifier that easily shed unwanted toxins.
RECIPE FOR LEMON GINGER TEA:
- Ginger powder 1 tablespoon
- Lemon juice (preferably juice of 1-2 lemons)
- Honey or maple syrup as per taste
- 2 cups water
- In a cup, add ginger powder and hot water.
- Add honey/maple syrup.
- Add lemon juice and stir.
- Serve hot/chilled
Note: You can skin honey/maple syrup to avoid calories if you want to have this at regular basis.