We are all born with the same beautiful baby soft skin that is well cushioned by cute baby fat. With age, the skin loses fat and wrinkles move in. However, many people, not knowingly, encourage early formation of wrinkles by making poor lifestyle choices. Are you suffering from the rough and dry skin when you touch it? Are you tired of your harsh skin? Instead of spending the big bucks on fancy products packed with chemicals, try these cheaper and healthier options – all natural!
If you have a bottle of olive oil in your pantry, your skin is set for getting a luxury treatment!. Apply a light layer to your face as part of your bedtime routine. When you wake up, you will have baby soft and glowing skin.
For a quick, easy, and cheap at home spa treatment, look in your fruit bowl. Bananas, oranges, and lemons are perfect! Rub the inner part of the peel on your face and rinse after 10 minutes. It’s as easy as that!
Aloe vera is another wonderful natural ingredient used in a number of beauty recipes to maintain smooth and clear skin.
Remedy 1: Extract the gel from an aloe vera leaf and apply it on your skin a few times a week.
Remedy 2: Alternatively, combine one tablespoon of aloe vera gel, two teaspoons of lemon juice and one teaspoon of honey. Apply this mixture on your face and neck and rinse it off after 15 to 20 minutes. You can use this face mask a few times a week.
Don’t throw out those coffee grounds just yet! A handful of coffee grounds make a fantastic exfoliator. Not only will the coffee slough off dead skin, but it will also give your skin a caffeine boost, perfect for always looking wide awake.
How to use: Mix some coffee grounds with milk cream to make a thick paste. Scrub your face and body with this natural exfoliant with gentle circular motions.
Add oil to your bath. Add a tablespoon or so of almond, jojoba, olive, or hazelnut oil to your bath water and soak for about 5-10 minutes.
Combine 1/2 cup of fine sugar with 12 cup of natural oil and mix the ingredients in a bowl. Scoop some of the scrub onto your hand and massage gently onto your skin for a minute. Leave on for 2 to 3 minutes before rinsing.
- Use cold or warm water for taking baths to lock moisture to skin. Taking a hot water bath strips the natural moisturizing oils from body, making skin dry and rough. During winters people often take very hot baths that lead to dry and rough skin.
- Remember, as skin loses moisture, it becomes cracked and flaky. Don’t wait until you are thirsty to drink water, by this time you are well passed dehydration. Consume 8-10 glasses of water daily to keep your skin happy, more if you exercise a great deal.
- Grate a carrot into fine pulp and add some honey into it. Apply this on the face and wait for 20 minutes. Wash this with plain water. This pack will make your skin baby soft and smoother.
- Dry brushing helps to make your skin super soft and smooth.
- Vitamin E oil can be mixed with aloe vera gel and use as a massage lotion. This lotion can be used daily at night to maintain the baby soft skin.