Acne is a very common problem faced by both teenagers and adults. Factors like oily skin, humid weather, frequent face touching, using too many face products, stress, pollution etc. can trigger acne. Garlic is a wonder ingredient that works better than most of the other skin-care products or acne medications if used regularly that too without the side-effects. Below is how you could use garlic for acne along with its benefits:
- Garlic contains allicin that hasanti – bacterial, anti-fungal, anti – viral and anti – septic properties which kills the bacteria causing acne.
- Garlic contains acne combating nutrients like vitamins (C and B6), minerals, selenium, copper, allicin and zinc (used to control sebum).
- Garlic is rich in anti-oxidants that helps fight against free radicals that damage skin.
- The sulphur compounds in garlic helps in drying out the acne.
HOW TO USE:
- Take 1-2 peeled garlic petals and add them in mortar pestle.
- Add in little water and crush them thoroughly.
- Dip a Q-tip into the juice and apply it onto your pimple right before bedtime.
- Wash off in the morning.
- You can also mix garlic powder with water, make a paste and use it only over the pimple before bedtime.
**Warning ** – Patch test before use.