If you have trouble falling or staying asleep, or you wake up feeling unrefreshed, you may be suffering from insomnia. Insomnia is a common problem in these stressful lives and hectic lifestyle. We have heard the phrase- ‘sleep like a baby’, but how many of us are actually able to do that? A good night’s sleep is essential for one’s well-being, but many hardly sleep for proper 5-6 hours. Here is a simple foot spray you can use right before hitting the bed for a good night’s sleep:
- Chamomile has sedative and relaxing properties that are often used to deal with nervous tension.
- Lavender is a well-known sleep aid it has body soothing properties that calms our senses. It also has a strong scent that even when applied on feet relaxes your muscles and calms down blood flow.
- Epsom salt allows a person to relax and sleep easily and possibly deeper.
- In a bowl, pour 1 cup chamomile tea and 1 tablespoon of Epsom salt. Give it a good mix until salt dissolves.
- Add 5-7 drops of lavender essential oil and stir thoroughly.
- Pour the solution in a spray bottle and shake well before every use.
- Before sleeping, spray the solution on your feet and massage for few minutes.
**Warning ** – Consult your physician before using essential oil.