Zippers usually get damaged due to friction caused by constant closing and opening of bags, purses, wallets, pouches etc. Zippers usually tend to break open or the central metal part always separates from the zipper. This can totally spoil the look of your favourite handbag and restrict you from using it. Well, now you need not use safety pins or spend tons in repairing the zippers. Here is a simple tutorial on how to fix a broken zipper using another zipper- that too in less than 5 minutes.
Things you need:
- A needle and thread
- A zipper matching to the colour of your handbag/pouch or a contrasting colour
- Remove the metal part from old broken zipper
- Take a new zipper and fix it with needle and thread on the place where the zipper on your bag is folded and fixed. (there would be one open end and one closed end, sew the new zipper on the closed end in such a way that it doesn’t look separate)
- Sew both the sides of new zipper underneath the old zipper.
- Your broken zipper bag is fixed!