When it comes to natural skin care, using natural clays is quite popular and super effective. Natural clays are long known for their skin beautifying and pore- perfecting properties and can certainly help deeply cleanse the skin and unclog pores. Bentoite clay is well-known skin healing clay and can help with skin cleansing and unclogging pores. Below is how you could make a mask:
Bentonite clay- Bentonite clay has great pore minimising, purifying and unclogging properties. It also tightens skin, reduces acne and keeps skin clear.
Apple cider vinegar- Apple cider vinegar purifies pores and skin, unclogs pores, reduce acne and balance skin pH.
Lavender oil- Lavender essential oil has astringent properties that minimizes large pores and keeps skin healthy.
Things you need-
- 3-4 tablespoons bentonite clay
- 3-4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 5 drops lavender essential oil
In a glass jar or wooden bowl, add bentonite clay. Add in apple cider vinegar. The mixture would start bubbling.
Add in lavender essential oil and mix everything well. Make sure there are no lumps. Apply the mask on cleansed skin and let it sit for 10 minutes.
Wash off and follow up with a moisturizer. READ MORE – DIY: WITCH HAZEL TONER TO CLEAR ACNE AND SCARS
- Always patch test before using. If you are pregnant, always consult your doctor before incorporating any essential oils in your health/skin care/hair care routine.
- Never use essential oils directly on your skin, make sure they are always diluted with carrier oil. Always use organic ingredients to avoid clogging pores and other skin issues.