We all know that exfoliation is the process in which dead skin cells are removed gently from the superficial layer of the skin and new layer of skin can breath properly after that. Dead skin cells make you looking dull or patchy. So mild exfoliation is good for our skin. Use these tips and tricks to keep your skin younger and silky smooth.
- With an exfoliating brush you can brush your body very gently to get rid of loose dead skin cells. Make sure you are using it dry.
- There are several body washes available with exfoliant present in it. Loofah is also a good body exfoliator. Just make sure that you are using a good one. You can use the body shop loofah, exfoliating gloves or faces loofah.
- Scrub your body skin with a gentle circular motion and then rinse off with plain water. After that pat dry the skin and apply a suitable body moisturizer or body milk.
- Exfoliation helps to get rid of tan too but don’t rub vigorously on the tanned area as this can darken the area instead of removing this. Your skin is very gentle and you should handle it very carefully.
Face exfoliation: Read More on the Benefits and How To Exfoliate Your Face >>
Lip exfoliation– Lips need to be exfoliated as they have the thinnest skin in the body. They tend to get flaky if proper maintainace is not taken. Use a baby tooth brush to exfoliate your lips. You can also use ready to use lip scrubs available in market. Best you make a lip scrub in home. Use good quality lip balm and also invest in a good makeup remover to remove lipstick stains from your lips.
Scalp and hair Exfoliation: If you have dry scalp or dandruff, exfoliating your scalp can help minimize the embarrassing flakes. Homemade Hair scrub recipes >>
Foot exfoliation– This needs to be discussed separately. Most of the people only care for their face and neglect their feet. Your feet need the exfoliation most among all other body parts!
- To exfoliate your feet properly, soak them for 10 minutes in lukewarm water with foot soak added to it.
- Use a pumic stone to rub off callases and dry rough skin of your feet. You can use some scrub soap present in the market also.
- After exfoliation use a good foot cream and massage it on your feet very gently.
Some points should be in mind–
- Avoid exfoliating your skin just before you step out to the sun
- Vigorous exfoliation can harm your skin
- Once or twice in a week is sufficient for exfoliating your facial skin. You can exfoliate your lips and feet daily or as per as your need
- Don’t forget to moisturize your skin after exfoliation.
- Exfoliate your underarm, you can’t blame for black patches later.