Many people have problems with their complexion. During one’s childhood, one has almost perfect skin with even tone. But as the time passes, sun damaged skin, discoloration of the skin; acne break outs become common problems with most of us leading to uneven skin tone and skin discoloration on face. Whether it be uneven colour, texture, or wrinkles, getting a smooth skin tone is easy. Here are some natural tips to even out your skin tone once and for all:
Kiwi fruit extract has been found to help inhibit the production of tyrosinase. One study found that it helped to improve hyperpigmentation produced by sun damage, and also helped to reduce under eye dark circles. Like most fruit extracts, kiwi is also rich in protective antioxidants.
We never seem to come to the end of the list of benefits provided by green tea. In addition to all its health-promoting antioxidants, green tea was also found to help inhibit tyrosinase, reducing melanin production. Apply cooled tea bags to the dark areas of skin and leave for 15 minutes or so, or make your own mask by mixing cooled tea with a banana, a little kiwi juice, or some rice flour.
The citric acid in lemons is a natural way to lighten and even out your skin tone by applying the juice to your skin regularly and then washing it off after letting it sit for a while. One important thing to remember when using lemon juice is that if you have any cuts or scratches, it will cause them to burn, and going out into the sun with lemon juice on your skin can ruin the tone, so make sure you wash it all off.
Sugar makes a good exfoliating agent as it gently scrubs away the dead and flaky skin to reveal younger looking and even toned skin. Make sugar paste by mixing sugar granules with very little water. Add a scoop of your favourite face cream and mix well. Rub the sugar scrub on your face and other parts suffering from uneven skin tone. Wash off with lukewarm water.
Milk powder is known to contain bleaching agents and is often used in preparing face masks for uneven skin tone. Take a teaspoon of milk powder and mix it with little milk to form a smooth paste. Apply the paste on the face and neck and let it dry completely. Remove the paste by massaging your face and neck with wet hands. The treatment should be done four times during the weak to get rid of uneven complexion.
ALOE VERA GEL
Aloe vera can alleviate hyperpigmentation and restore your skin’s original colour. Hyperpigmentation is one of the main causes of uneven skin tone. Also, the cooling effect of aloe vera helps regenerate new cells and rebuild damaged tissue, which is important for healthy skin. This simple remedy using aloe vera gel can lighten dark spots and improve your overall skin complexion. Cut the outer layers of an aloe vera leaf. Squeeze out the thick, jelly-like substance. Apply the gel thoroughly on your skin. Leave it on for about 30 minutes, and then wash it off with water. Do this at least twice daily for two weeks.
Baking soda has natural exfoliating agents and is not harsh on the skin as some of the commercially available exfoliators. It gently scrubs the surface of the skin and gets rid of the dry and flaky sun that is tanned and scarred and resulting in unevenness of the skin tone. Take a teaspoon of baking soda and form a paste by adding organic water or rosewater to it. Apply the baking soda paste on your face and leave for a couple of minutes for it to work. Start massaging the face gently using the tips of your fingers only. Massage for 2-3 minutes and then wash face using lukewarm water.
- Avoid and if not possible then at least limit consumption of junk foods and eat fresh fruits and vegetables instead. The chemicals, oils and sugar contained in the junk foods trigger your skin to produce more oil that can clogs your pores leading to uneven skin tone.
- Exercises not only keep you healthy and slim, but also helps to produce new skin cells that contribute a lot in keeping your skin tone even and young. You do not require doing heavy workouts to get even complexion skin. Just do as much which is enough to get your blood pumping for a few minutes daily.
- Honey can be used to even skin tone because it works as a moisturizer and has antibacterial properties that can reduce the size of acne scars and blemishes.
- There is really nothing better you can do for beautiful looking skin than drink a lot of water. Your skin is made up of nearly 75% water, so drinking enough of it daily only makes sense if you want beautiful skin.
- The sun and damage from the sun is one of the biggest triggers that cause uneven skin tone. Wearing sunscreen every day will help prevent any further damage from the sun’s harmful UV rays and when used over time will help to get rid of uneven skin tone.